- The GFDI - Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Dental-Industrie mbH (in the following: „GFDI") is the owner of the German word mark registrations no. 397 28 550 „IDS", no. 988 741 „Internationale Dentalschau", IDS and no. 303 38 556 „IDS Journal" (in the following: „WORD MARKS") as well as the community trade mark registration no. 6 697 048 „IDS" (word/image) (in the following: „LOGO"), which are registered for goods and services in classes 16, 35 and 41. On top of this, the brand „IDS" is protected in numerous additional countries within and outside of the European Union. Furthermore, the term „IDS" is protected as company term in accordance with §§ 5.15 of the German Trademark Act.
- The GFDI permits exhibitors of the “IDS” trade fair and third parties reporting on the “IDS” trade fair (in the following: “USERS”), to use the WORD MARKS and the LOGO in connection with the “IDS” trade fair for trade fair journals, brochures and other advertising and/or informational documents, electronically and non-electronically, as well as on the Internet, as long as the use is in line with the following conditions of use and the respective USER recognizes these on the whole.
- It is not permitted to use the WORD MARKS or LOGO in any way which infringes, dilutes and/or disparages the brand. When using the WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO, particular attention should be paid to the following:
- Basic principle
The use of the WORD MARKS and the LOGO may not arouse the impression of an official trade fair journal, an official brochure, an official website, an official social media presentation, an official App or other application for mobile devices or any other official advertising and/or informational medium or means of the GFDI and/or Koelnmesse.
- Graphic design
USERS can download the LOGO as a file from the homepage of the GFDI www.ids-cologne.de. The use of the LOGO is only permitted in this form. The size of the LOGO may be changed, as long as the proportions are kept. It is not permitted to change the colour of the LOGO. However, it is permitted to use the LOGO in black/white.
- Use as headline / category heading
The WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO may not be used as a headline or category heading or as part of a headline or category heading, regardless of whether it is a print or electronic publication (website, social media presentation, App) and regardless of whether it is a journalistic or advertising publication. Purely descriptive use of the WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO, e.g. as a reference to the trade fair “IDS”, is permitted. In this case, the WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO must be moved away from the headline bar or the category heading bar and the and other symbols must always be placed in front of the WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO.
- Permitted is, for example: “XY journal on the IDS”; “Company XY exhibits at the IDS”, “Guide to the IDS”, “Gazette about the IDS”
- Not permitted is, for example: “IDS Journal”; “Company XY IDS Magazine”, “IDS Guide”, “IDS Discoverer”, “IDS Trade Fair Navigator”, “IDS Trade Fair News”, “IDS Special”
- Use for products and services
Use of the WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO for the description and/or advertising of products and/or services is not permitted under any circumstances. Only a purely descriptive use of the WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO is permitted, e.g. as a reference to the fact that the product and/or service will be exhibited or presented and/or offered within the scope of the “IDS” trade fair.
- Permitted is, for example: “Product for IDS 2021”,“Product XY will be exhibited for the first time at the IDS”, “Bonus magazine to the IDS”
- Not permitted is, for example: “IDS 2021 Dental Cleaner”, “IDS Bonus Magazine”
- Usage for domain, account and/or user names
It is forbidden to register and/or use domain names containing the WORDMARKS as the sole component or together with other components. It is permissible to use a form where from the domain name, respectively, account or user name, it is clear that “IDS” is simply used descriptively therein. The same applies to account and user names in social networks and other social media such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Xing, etc. as well as in forums and blogs.
- For example, domain names “www.firmXY.de/ids” or “www.magazineXY.com/ids”; Email address: “firmXY.ids@firmXY.de” are permissible
- “www.firmXY-ids.de” or “www.magazineXY-ids.de”, “www.ids-firmXY.de” or “www.ids-magazineXY.de” or “ids@firmXY.de” or “ids@magazineXY.de” are not permissible
- Basic principle
- In using the WORD MARK and the LOGO, the USERS, insofar as possible, will use the trademark symbol accordingly: „IDS, IDS Journal and Internationale Dentalschau - IDS and IDS (word/image trademark) are registered trademarks of the GFDI - Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Dental-Industrie mbH".
- Without being asked, the USERS will send the GFDI a specimen copy of the print publication and/or bring electronic publications to the attention of the GFDI, e.g. by sending a link via e-mail.
- The right to use the WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO is non-transferrable.
- The GFDI is authorised to withdraw the rights of use for the WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO from the USER if the USER does not comply with the conditions of use and, despite requests in the complaints issued by the GFDI, does not remedy the situation immediately.
- Upon request, the USERS of the GFDI usage documents will provide the proof of the correct usage of the WORD MARKS and/or LOGO.
- The USERS commit to immediately notifying the GFDI of any violations of the WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO.
- Only the GFDI as trademark owner has any claim as a result of illegal use of the WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO.
- The GFDI assumes no liability for the use of the WORD MARKS and/or LOGO violating third party rights.
- The USERS commit to exempting the GFDI from third-party claims which result from the use of the WORD MARKS and/or the LOGO by the respective USERS.
Conditions of participation read and accept
Please read and indicate your acceptance of our Conditions of Participation before downloading the application forms and further information.